May 14, 2009

Costco Run

Yesterday's outing involved Costco! I had printed 60+ photos and wanted to put them in the album, and K needed to make a Costco run too, so we combined efforts.

I actually cruised the store looking for a few things they might have that I might need, picked up my photos, and bought some yummy cheese, etc. Then I sat in the food court until I was so hungry I couldn't wait any longer, and bought myself a hot dog (and one for Rik to have at home). After much burping from the dog and Coke, K showed up and we went straight home.

I offered to buy him a hot dog, but he said that they just didn't appeal. How not? An all beef (used to be kosher) hot dog or Polish sausage on a soggy white bun, deli yellow mustard and sauerkraut. A childhood food memory come true. Although my childhood dogs came from Nathan's and they served those yummy cross-cut fries with the dog. It just goes to show you can take the girl out of New York but you can't take the New York out of the girl!

Maybe today I will make an egg cream for more childhood nostalgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors