June 02, 2008

I love to sing!


This past Saturday night was Dunava's
second full-lrngth concert. We've been rehearsing all year to present new material for this performance. The church which hosted us boasts a domed room. The sound is so excellent that when one person stands along a wall and whispers, another person standing on the other side of the room can hear them. It's some kind of engineering miracle.

Our special guests, Orkestar RTW, were terrific. And the audience evidently loved Dunava, because they gave us a standing ovation at the end of the concert! So of course we had to sing an encore. All's well that ends loud, as they say in the theatre biz.

I had a couple of moments to shine: I sang the opening notes in our first song, had a couple of one-line solos, sang in one trio and made my usual yips and trills. I'm still waiting to learn the kind of Bulgarian song where it's appropriate to bark like a dog.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:14 AM

    I'll bet you were fabulous, Jill!

    Wish I could have been there.

    Congrats,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Contributors