June 15, 2008

Back from travels

Well, I am back from my family visit. Dad was great for two days during the week I was there, but took a turn for the worse the day I left. He is again not responsive to conversation and eating minimally.

But those two days were golden! I got to have the tough conversation about death and dying, tell him how much I love him, and generally have a chance to say goodbye. The next day he was even more energetic, and spent several hours reminiscing with my mom and I. This was a big change from being able to converse for only a few minutes at a time, but it appears to have been no more than a blip on the radar. Still, it was a really good day and I am glad I was there to share in it.

Now, no matter what happens or when, I know I have done what I needed to do. May God give my father the strength to do his last work too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors