January 20, 2009

Yet another death

When I got the message about Rosalie, I knew I had to call Dolly Horowitz-Fried, my first Sharsheret link. We were matched up in 2002, only a few months after my mets diagnosis. I was in the habit of calling Dolly for Pesach and Rosh Hashanah, and had neglected calling recently.

Dolly's husband Kenny told me she died in April, after living with metastatic disease for many years. She leaves behind Kenny and their 9 year old daughter Odeliah.

In 2004, Dolly was featured in this article from the Jewish Daily Forward.

May her memory be a blessing.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jill, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your two friends.... may the peace heaven be upon you and your friends families at this time.

    Angie
    "Nana's Box"

    ReplyDelete

Contributors