January 06, 2009

MRI results

Yesterday's breast MRI was supposed to help track the spot in my left breast which was biopsied in December. This morning I got a call from my surgeon that the MRI revealed a surprise: two new spots in my right breast. Thank heavens that the breast MRI takes images of both sides at the same time!

I have scheduled an ultrasound and biopsy of these new sites and will meet with my breast surgeon and oncologist after they get the biopsy results to determine what change in treatment I might need, if any. (I've only been on the Arimidex for three weeks.)

After I said, "Well, I guess this means I need a mastectomy," the breast surgeon specifically told me not to project scenarios until we had more information. So I am trying to hold tight while I wrap my head around more cancer. Again.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear this news. I'll keep you in prayer. Do something you love each day to get through it :).

    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:40 PM

    Hi Jill,

    My thoughts and prayers are with you. I'll try to catch up with you.

    Josh

    ReplyDelete

Contributors