January 11, 2009

"I can't stand it anymore!"

At 3:30 this afternoon I had just finished wrapping my arm and was struggling to put on one of Rik's shirts when my frustration level suddenly zipped sky-high. I can't stand it anymore! The discomfort from lymphedema while wearing the sleeve and glove, my inability to do anything that requires the use of my hand while bandaged, the fact that I've already been bandaging for a month and that I likely have another month to go.

I stomped my feet, yelled out loud, and ran into the bedroom to deal with my frustration in the way that works best for me -- I took some Ativan and went to sleep. That was almost 7 hours ago and although I'm not Miss Sweetness-and-Light, I am feeling somewhat less stressed.

I ate some carrots dipped in hummous, drank a glass of water, and am heading back to dreamland. Maybe when I wake up I will be better able to deal with things.

5 comments:

  1. Poor Jill! I hope today is better. Sending you a virtual hug: {{{{{Jill}}}}}

    :)

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. thoughts for peace sent to you - may the angels attend you dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my office mate is dealing with the same situation right now, I feel for you..she goes to therapy to get wrapped late afternoon three times a week and I have to help her take her coat off when she gets back.
    sending positive thoughts your way

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are in my prayers and I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors