October 22, 2008

The unexpected hospital stay, day 2 continued

The rest of the morning was slow. I watched part of a movie, read my book, looked out the window. I couldn't go for a walk down the hallway because I was in isolation due to the staph infection. However, the afternoon was a constant parade of visitors. A and A, G and her daughter R, C, then Rik. It was lovely to be able to visit with people, to take my mind off the infection, and to not be bored out of my gourd.

Rik got us both some dinner from The Mediterranean Kitchen, one of my favorite places on Broadway. And after dinner members of Dunava, my choir, came over to sing. You should have seen the four women clad in yellow isolation gowns and trying to turn pages of music while wearing rubber gloves. We closed the door and tried to sing quietly. Our leader Dina asked us each to choose favorite songs to sing and M brought cupcakes from Trophy for our snack. Despite the room's terrible acoustics, we were able to hear one another clearly. It was a delightful evening for me and I am so grateful that they were willing to bring our rehearsal to the hospital so I could participate.

After the Dunavites left I watched the rest of The Phantom of the Opera (a much better film than stage show in my opinion) and fell asleep around 11:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors