October 22, 2008

Home antibiotic update

I have been feeling fine and "shooting" myself up with intravenous antibiotics every 8 hours through my port since last Friday night. It's going well, although unfortunately antibiotics continue to produce their usual side effect of loose stools/diarrhea. Thankfully my pain meds have a constipating effect, so I am able to minimize the impact.

Every 8 hours for me means that I don't want to get up at the crack of dawn, so I stay up late -- 8 AM, 4 PM, midnight. It's definitely interfering with my sleep!

We had a very busy weekend, what with our annual sukkah party on Saturday afternoon, a 75th birthday party for Rik's "other" mother S, overnight house guests, a trip to the airport and the ever-present antibiotics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors