September 17, 2008

Still struggling with lymphedema

It's been a week and I still have more edema than usual, am still bandaging at night and trying to get by during the day. It's been a challenge, and I finally decided to bite the bullet and call to see a physical therapist specializing in manual lymphatic drainage. I am happy to report that although all the PTs in the Swedish system are so busy that the first available appointment is for the second week in October, there was a cancellation for tomorrow morning at 8 AM. I am taking it and will start a round of PT that will hopefully address this flare-up quickly. I am SO TIRED of sleeping bandaged!

I have said for several years now that the only time I get up early in the morning is to take an airplane and see a doctor (and not necessarily in that order!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors