September 21, 2008

After the wrapping

I just woke up after being bandaged since 2 PM Saturday. Could hardly wait to tear off the wrappings! My skin is kind of pebbly from the compression (typical) and this will disappear in a few minutes as my arm comes back to normal. It feels so good to be able to scratch an itch, type on the keyboard, hold a pen, prepare and eat breakfast and basically use my left hand as much as I want to.

I have a home improvement project today so will need both hands but I promised to bandage as much as possible while Rik was home so after we are through, I will wrap again. Oy!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry you have to put up with this wrapping business.

    Dumb question--would holding your arm up in the air help in the same way the compression sleeve does? Obviously you can't do that all the time, but maybe when you're sitting down & reading or whatever the arm could be propped up, then it would at least be unwrapped & available for use every so often.

    (I really don't know how this drainage system works.)

    --Claire

    ReplyDelete

Contributors