July 16, 2012

New glasses

My eyes have been bothering me for quite a few months, basically since last fall. I'd been to the optometrist for a re-check on my annual exam and to an ophthalmologist to see if there was anything else happening.

In the end, I was told to wait for my annual exam. That took place in June, and at the end of last week I received glasses made in the new prescription. The close up (reading) and mid-range (computer) corrections are great, but the distance correction still wasn't right. I went back today for a re-check, and to have an exam with contact lenses. (I still like to wear contacts when performing or on special occasions.) Evidently my new prescription needed tweaking. They've ordered new lenses and I hope this pair will be a better "fit."



I'm still extremely near sighted, more in the left eye than in the right eye. But as the optometrist said, mostly it's that I'm 52. I guess middle age happens even when you have advanced cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors