July 09, 2012

Mouth sore

The Afinitor has mostly been very tolerable. I've had a few side effects, but each disappeared after a day or so. So I'm unhappy to have one persistent mouth sore on the edge of my tongue for the past few days. It's in the just the right place to touch against my teeth repeatedly, while talking or eating, both of which I love to do! This has been going on since Friday.

I'm managing the discomfort with Vicodin for the pain and a home-made mouth rinse of baking soda and salt to speed healing. My naturopath says there has to be enough salt in the rinse to feel a stinging sensation in the sore. Uggh. Hope this helps!

1 comment:

  1. I have been reading through your blog (stumbled on it today) and the word that has come to mind is that you must be one tough lady, and that there must be very little in 'life' that happens that rattles you. I love that you explore a lot of different therapies and options, like acupuncutre. Seems like you must be doing something right!
    - To your continued healing and health Jill..!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors