January 18, 2012

Update in the snow

It snowed yesterday morning and so I cancelled my appointment with Dr G. However, the sun was shining brightly by 1 PM and I was sorry I had rescheduled for next week. That's when I will talk with him about the clinical trial and other options offered by my second opinion at SCCA.

We knew yesterday to expect a a huge load of snow today. Thankfully the Seattle school district was proactive and cancelled today's classes yesterday afternoon, so we went out for dinner and stayed up late with a clear conscience.

It started snowing in the wee hours of the morning. There are six inches on snow on our street, and the city is basically closed down.

Rik gave into his Canadian Quebecois training and shoveled the snow off our deck and from the driveway, steps and walkway. Later we went for a walk in the snow and bumped into many neighbors out enjoying the same good time. After we came home, Rik shoveled again. I baked some almond-black pepper biscotti and in the afternoon our friends from two houses over came by for hot cocoa and cookies. Now Rik is relaxing in front of the TV, I'm catching up on my blog, and soon I will make a big pot of soup for dinner.

That's what a snow day should be!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day. Enjoy all the days like that when you feel good. I have gotten 2 good reports this week. Xeloda is working and they found some fluid around heart. Had Echo yesterday, very little fluid, hope they can rid it with some meds. Keep smiling and fighting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what soup did you make for YOUR snow day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:40 PM

    Hi Jill,

    You happened to show up in my dream last night. Can't recall the details and so I thought I'd send a note to say, "Hi, I'm thinking about you."

    Enjoy, Rose Yu

    ReplyDelete

Contributors