January 30, 2012

Make a pledge

I'm checking out a new micro-fundraising model on Kickstarter.

Donors pledge at least one dollar to help a project. Your credit card gets charged only if the organizers reach their goal. Plus you can help them reach their goal through social media, email to friends, blogging, etc.

I chose to support the first annual Balkan Night Northwest. Modeled after a similar event in New York City, it brings together musicians, singers and of course dancers. So close to my heart, I just had to make a pledge. (Full disclosure: Dunava is performing at this event.)

As an advocate of charitable giving, I hope you will check out the Kickstarter website, look over the many projects, and find something that speaks to your soul.

After all, what's one dollar in the greater scheme of your spending?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors