April 24, 2009

Chemo #4 today

I haven't posted lately because I have spent most of the past few days lying on the sofa or the bed, moaning about my aching tummy. I though I could handle nausea and diarrhea, and the nausea seems to be tolerable with meds. But the diarrhea... Ugh. Even the OTC meds don't help with the belly gas and contractions. Not sure how I will continue for the next three weeks knowing this is how it will be.

But I got smart and decided I didn't feel safe driving myself anymore. Can you picture me doubled over with a belly cramp while on the highway? I don't think so! So friends are driving me to chemo each of these last three sessions.

Yesterday I was supposed to keep an appointment to be fitted for the outfit I'll wear in next week's GIlda's Club fashion show and fundraiser. At the last minute I decided I couldn't drive, so my dear friend G who had planned to meet me downtown picked me up. Karen Dannenberg of her eponymous shop treated up both with sympathy, worked quickly to find just the perfect outfit. The top is sleeveless green silk with a HUGE ruched and ruffled collar - stunning. She's matched black silk crepe pants that fit perfectly and a gorgeous necklace that I think costs more than the top and ants combined. I am sure it will be beautiful on me -- provided I feel well enough to go.

2 comments:

  1. It's tough isn't it ... wishing things get easier for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're feeling better. I'm sorry that you're having such a hard time. Cancer sucks.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors