November 26, 2008

Scan results - a mixed bag

The report from yesterday's CT scan was a mixed bag. The small lesion in my lung has grown from 5 mm to 8 mm, still small but located in a place that would be tough to biopsy.

The CT also revealed a mass in my left breast. This is the first time my oncologist and I have noticed it on a scan report but evidently it was present during the last scan in August. This mass has not quite doubled in size since May (from 4mm to 7.6 mm).

Dr. G was unable to palpate the lump in a physical exam, it's so deep or tiny (or both). So I will have a biopsy since this area is easier to reach than the spot in the lung. Once biopsied and cultured, we will see what grows. If it's breast cancer, we will retest for ER/PR and Her 2 status. If it's not breast cancer... we'll cross that bridge when and if we come to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors