May 07, 2010

A little nausea

Yesterday afternoon at about 5 PM I quite suddenly sensed that I might vomit. Ran to my purse, grabbed the zofran and swallowed one within moments of that sensation. All turned out well. I did develop a queasy tummy that lasted most of the evening but the urge to throw up passed quickly.

This was my first experience with sudden nausea since starting the abraxane. I don't know if it's typical or not, but I was sure glad that I had meds right on hand and that they worked immediately. This why I carry the zofran with me. If something could hit me that quickly, I want to be able to treat it.

I learned the trick of carrying what you need from a support group I used to attend. My dad was very sick at the time and since I live on the opposite side of the country, I was worried and never had enough information to satisfy my curiosity. The group members suggested that I always carry some ativan with me, just in case. I already was in the habit of carrying pain meds. Adding a couple of tiny ativan pills was an easy fix. And I remembered this trick when I started the current chemo.

Feel free to pass the tip along!

2 comments:

  1. You know, I do the same thing, sort of. I carry two days worth of daily medicines in a pill case in my school backpack. I cannot tell you the number of times that I get to rushing around, preoccupied, and walk out of the door without taking my morning meds. It is good when I have my 'duh!' moment to be able to do something about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wish u to stay positive

    ReplyDelete

Contributors