May 17, 2010

Chemo Monday

Everything went more smoothly this time, although still with delays. My counts were back up. The charge nurse didn't tell my nurse that the orders were in the electronic system. Dr. G was getting a haircut out of the office so couldn't sign the order electronically to give the chemo until he returned. Then the pharmacy was backed up.

I did not have either compazine or reglan, the yucky pre-meds that caused my anxiety attacks on the previous two visits. The zofran I received went like a breeze. Rik and I played most of a round of Scrabble to pass the time.

We even stopped at the grocery store on the way home to get some fresh Alaskan king salmon for dinner. Yummy!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:11 PM

    That is the way to do it when you are waiting. I, too love the game of scrabble. Good for the both of you. God Is In Control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do better with less meds, too. I'm glad you stuck up for yourself and didn't get the Raglan and the other drug and only Zofran. Good move! Glad to hear your treatment seems to be going okay . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still like Jamie in the pink wig...but Demi is cute too.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors