June 05, 2016

Keytruda

Merck approved Keytruda for me. Just in time -- my tumor markers have risen more than 200 points in the past 2 months while I've been off treatment. And I gained 10 pounds while on steroids again. My legs are swollen - time to restart Lasix too.

Here is information about Keytruda. This is the drug that former President Jimmy Carter and many other melanoma and lung cancer patients have used with tremendous success. I'll get it once every three weeks. Of course, there's no way to know in advance how successful it will be with me. 

I start tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. Crossing fingers and toes for you, Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, my specific prayer for you is that Keytruda work with your immune system to destroy all cancer cells

    ReplyDelete
  3. You remain in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is crossed! I am hopeful this becomes a useful drug for the breast cancer community!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:45 AM

    Hope it would work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jill...hope things are going well. Let us know how you're doing! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. cancer helpline

    ReplyDelete

Contributors