May 30, 2015

Coming up for air

This past week I've moved from the sofa to the bed with that same low fever and lack of energy. Even taking the dextroamphetamine three days in a row didn't help much. I'd take it at noon, feel better an hour later, try to run my errand, appointment etc., and still find it tough to put one foot in front of the other. I even gave my car a fender-bender in that terrible  Trader Joe's garage on Capital Hill. Then the uppers would kick in and I'd be awake until 2 AM.

Friday afternoon I wondered if I needed a blood transfusion, so we ran to see The Amazing & Wonderful Nurse Jacque for a blood draw. No transfusion needed, just feeling icky, but thanks to our friend T and the interconnectedness of Facebook, we ate a delicious salmon dinner last night. I even had a glass of rose!

Today I actually woke up feeing well-ish. Due to the uppers, I hadn't fallen asleep until two o'clock in the morning, so I stayed in bed until 11 AM, ate something and took my morning meds, sat outside in my pajamas and a blanket in the sun for an hour, then went back to bed until 3 PM. I wish I'd taken a selfie to post. Imagine me wrapped to my chin in a maroon blanket that's covered with dog hair.

D stopped by unexpectedly to visit and we chatted over tea for an hour. That's given me some extra oomph to make pizza for dinner before the TJ pizza dough died. Rik and I will enjoy pizza with mushrooms for dinner, another glass of rose, and have better expectations for Sunday.

Costco anyone?

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful God-wink to come across your blog! I admire your fight and courage. I've been trying to take a break from cancer, if that makes any sense. I am a Stage 4 breast cancer survivor coming up on 13 years now. (diagnosed at 35 with stage 4) It's time to face the music and get my scans done. Thank you.. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you join our group:https://www.facebook.com/groups/198373103658047/?fref=ts

    ReplyDelete

Contributors