August 27, 2013

Starting Xeloda cycle 9 next week

I saw Dr G today and he says my tumor marker has fallen a few more points (now 152). My other numbers all  look normal, including my liver function (an indication of the health or lack thereof for my liver mets).

However, I did complain to him about recently having to "reach" for words. You know, when you can describe the thing but can't come up with the actual word right away. Dr G says it could be a sign of chemo brain, or even middle age, but he wants to order a brain MRI in case it's my brain mets acting up.

I will have the brain MRI on September 9th and see him a few days later to get the results. In the meantime, I will continue on the same regimen of Xeloda daily by mouth, Avastin every two weeks by infusion, and Aredia and Faslodex (infusion and injection) every four weeks.

I say, let's drink rose wine, eat ice cream, pick the blackberries and generally enjoy the rest of the summer.

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear you continue. Xeloda seems to work for you. Enjoy summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news and the changing season...a celebration is in order!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors