March 05, 2013

Feet update

My feet still seem to be okay - no burns yet from the Xeloda - and I think the neuropathy may have regressed toward my toes. The balls of my feet now seem less numb. Three cheers for Dr G finding that article on double-dose Cymbalta for chemo-induced neuropathy. I've had the neuropathy for more than a year and it is slowly going away.

I ordered more lined socks today and also got an education and free sample of BodyGlide from a sales clerk at Super Jock 'n Jill (how could I could resist that name!). A member of my support group had recommended an anti-chafe powder by Asics, but apparently it's no longer made. This BodyGlide is supposed to provide similar anti-friction support and glides on like a deodorant.

Between the Udderly Smooth cream, special socks, and BodyGlide, I am trying to nip any hand-foot syndrome in the bud before it can get a start.

Today is day 4 of Xeloda round two.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:18 PM

    Do you have any additional info about the double-dose Cymbalta article that would be helpful? I would like to look it up, if possible. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors