February 23, 2012

Eat cake for breakfast

I always knew this was a good idea...


Israelis find that chocolate cake is good for you

Israeli scientists have concluded something that many chocaholics already knew – eating chocolate cake is the best way to start the day.
Research by Professor Daniela Jakubowicz of the Wolfson Medical Centre in Holon revealed that breakfasting on a meal high in carbohydrates and protein – but crucially with something sweet as well – helped keep people full throughout the day.
Prof Jakubowicz found that in a study of 193 clinically obese adults, those who enjoyed a balanced breakfast that included chocolate cake, as part of a wider calorie controlled diet, lost more weight than those who had a less calorific morning snack.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:35 PM

    Hi, I just started following your blog as I too have been fighting a cancer diagnosis off and on now for 3 years. Right now I'm NED, but being stage 4 (with one met to my rib bone) makes me know it could likely come back. That being said, I hope to follow your blog and gain inspiration from someone who has continued to survive and live with cancer. Also, as a chocoholic, I could not be more excited about this post! LOL I will certainly have to try this...Do you think Cocoa Pebbles count?? HAHA.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors