January 11, 2011

Navelbine - the day after

So far, so good: The Navelbine hasn't yet affected me in any way. Although I went to bed and woke up with a scratchy throat and a cough (most likely due to a cold - Rik feels the same way), I had my usual amount of energy today.

Since it was dry this morning, I took Bobka the dog on the long walk. I went to a support group in the early afternoon and to a meeting at the synagogue later. I'm planning to make spaghetti with meat sauce and sauteed eggplant for dinner, maybe some garlic bread on the side. And on Tuesdays we watch NCIS, so it will be "date night" with Mark Harmon, Pauley Perrette, Sean Murray and Cote de Pablo in our household tonight.

Here's hoping for a similar high energy, low side effect day tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow....ad infinitum. Plus high effectiveness, of course!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:56 PM

    i am going for my 6th or 7th treatment tomorrow with navelbine and herceptin and have handled it well. they tell me the extreme fatigue will increase with more treatments. it is so nice not throwing up or feeling like throwing up all the time! i'm hearing they can give you ritalin to help with energy levels, but right now i am finding some caffeine about midday helps me. then i have to have something to help me sleep! oh well. here's hoping for high effectiveness for you, too! gail

    ReplyDelete

Contributors