February 25, 2010

Biopsy results -- good news

I saw Dr. G yesterday and the results of the biopsy of the bump on my shoulder blade were benign -- it's nothing. And so, evidently, are the bumps on my head. Nothing.

For nothing, they sure feel like something, but I am not eager to have my head shaved in order to biopsy them. If Dr. Goldberg isn't worried about it, I'm not worried about it.

My CA 27-29 tumor marker came down again last week for the second month in a row. It had been climbing steadily for many months prior. Dr. G was able to show me a graph of my tumor markers and there was a clear spike beginning in June 2008 -- when I began the Megace. So Megace was not my friend and I am glad to have switched treatments.

The recent reduction in tumor markers is due to stopping the Megace. I am going to stay on the toremifene for the time being to give it a chance to work, but it remains to be seen what effect it will have on my cancer.

In the meanwhile, I feel good! What more can one ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors