April 15, 2008

On my own in the Big Apple: Wednesday

For my last morning in Noo Yawk, I went out for a big breakfast, did some more window shopping, and bought a chocolate cupcake for an airplane snack. The shuttle picked me up in front of H's apartment, we drove all over the Upper West Side picking up other travelers, and I was at Newark Airport in plenty of time for my flight.

Of course, Alaska and American Airlines had announced flight cancellations that day and I had a moment of panic about whether or not I was going to get home, but in the end the plane took off early and landed early. Rik met me at the baggage claim, Pumpkin was waiting in the car, and it felt very good to be home with my family.

I was a bit jet-lagged after being back east for so long, but it only took me a few days to re-orient to Seattle time.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jill,
    I enjoyed reading about your trip to New York. It made me want to go there too. It's my hometown but right now I can't go far from Western Massachusetts, where I live now, because I am recovering from a bone marrow transplant. I was diagnosed with leukemia in 2003 and relapsed on 2007 and am writing about my "cancer dance" on my new blog, www.runnerwrites.blogspot.com
    I'd love it if you could stop by and leave me a comment!
    Thanks and good luck in your journey.
    Ronni G.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors