November 15, 2006

Happy birthday to me!

Today is my 47th birthday. After my cancer came back, I wasn’t sure I’d get to celebrate too many more birthdays, so each one is more precious than turning 16, 18, or 21, or any other, more usual, milestone dates.

I try to celebrate with family and friends as often as possible. Birthdays are one more opportunity to open a bottle of bubbly, eat some vitamin CH (chocolate) and get together with one another. Sometimes the reason to celebrate is just because it’s Wednesday. Or because the sun is shining. When you’ve got cancer, you find the golden moment whenever it takes place.

I found a translation of the prayer I recite each morning upon arising:
“I am grateful to You, living, enduring Sovereign,
for restoring my soul to me in compassion.
You are faithful beyond measure.”

Each day is something of a miracle. Unlike many women, I look forward to being able to say I’m a day or a year older.

I’m really looking forward (in a couple of years) to turning 50!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:22 PM

    Yom Holedet Sameach!
    Hillary Lipsky nka Chana Hidegkuti
    living in Los Angeles
    shmichana@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:30 PM

    Dear Jill, wishing you a wonderful birthday week. Hope you are having lots of fun and good cheer. Debrah

    ReplyDelete

Contributors