No, I am not eligible for the shingles vaccine, even to ease another outbreak. If I get shingles again, I'll just have to live with it.
Because I knew Dr S would want to examine me, I never put on a lidocain patch today, and even this late in the day I feel fine. Some itching, but nowhere near the kind of pain I'd been having, even as recently as last night. I am still wearing a Fentanyl patch and will talk to Dr G about decreasing the dosing. I still have plenty of lidocain patches and Vicodin for breakthrough pain, but it appears I am healing. Dr S says the itching is a sign of healing.
Since I appear to be healing, Dr S thinks I may be lucky and avoid post herpetic nueropathic pain. Let's hope so.
In other good news, Drs G and S agree that I should stay off chemo while awaiting gamma knife (scheduled for Monday 6/20). I won't restart chemo for at least another week after that.