November 24, 2009

Quick questions

How effective is my medication? Can I miss a dose?

The Megace is doled out to me in 100 mg/ml liquid form, in small bottles. It can be hard to predict how long the last few doses will last. So when it looks like I have only some drops left, I call for a refill or in yesterday's case, a new prescription.

The first time I did this, the pharmacy told me they don't normally stock this medication and it would take a day or so to order it from another location. Now that I have been on it for a few months, I guess they are stocking it. I called the doctor's office and they said they would call in a new scrip for me.

I just called the pharmacy and my medication is ready to be picked up.

Yay that I don't have to miss a day's dose.

Boo that I had to call the nurse twice to remind her to call in the scrip.

Yay that this pharmacy learned to keep a new medication on hand now that they have a regular client taking it.

Yay that I don't have to miss a dose and learn the hard way if it would have an adverse effect.

3 comments:

  1. Bah humbug! I hate having to take drugs toox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megace is my current cancer treatment medication. Read here for more information: http://www.drugs.com/megace_es.html

    ReplyDelete

Contributors