October 27, 2009

Last authorized physical therapy

Today is the last authorized day of physical therapy for my lymphedema flare up. I know I could get more visits approved, but if the PT thinks it's not helping, she won't recommend more treatment.

I am worried that I won't be able to manage this flare up without professional help and don't know what I'll do if I have to. Yes, I will be measured for a new sleeve and glove. That's the next step at this point. My six month old sleeve and glove are too worn out to be effective any more.

But if the bandaging isn't helping at night, and the sleeve and glove aren't providing enough compression during the day, what's left?

I guess I will find out in a few hours. In the meantime, stress.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:40 AM

    Your sense of the value of your PT appointments are just as important as the PT’s opinion. If you want more appointments, you should get them. It appears from what you write that you get at least a tiny bit of help or insight with each visit. Go for it!
    - Betty Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will check back here to see what the great decision turns out to be...and I will pray that your thoughts weigh into this decision.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're getting a new sleeve and glove. I hope that helps!!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors