December 21, 2011

A thought to live by

George Bernard Shaw said:

Life is no "brief candle" for me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations.

On this Solstice Day, also the first day of Chanukah, Shaw's quote struck me powerfully. After yesterday's first Taxol/Avastin treatment, which seems to be tolerable so far, I hope to continue to burn my torch as brightly as possible for as long as I am given to hold it.

3 comments:

  1. May your torch burn as long and as bright as the miracle of Chanukah where the lights burned long after they were expected to be extinguished. Keep burning and shining!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Torch, burn bright and long...........Happy Chanukah to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May the light of your life burn for as long as possible, and may it burn bright and happy!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors