August 19, 2011

Doc's report, tumor markers stable

I saw the doctor covering for Dr G this afternoon and she felt that my mouth ulcer was not too serious, that my swollen lymph node wasn't really enlarged, and that I should be fine sucking on the clotrimazole 10 mg troches to help any mucositis from worsening. She also recommended rinsing with baking soda and salt, dissolved in warm water, four times a  day.

I was relieved to hear this. Maybe it's just a summer cold after all....complete with runny nose, headache, low grade fever, and sore throat. I'm sure using my neti pot will help also.

My tumor marker, drawn before chemo on Monday, showed a slight drop from 150 to 145 points. Although this isn't the large decline we saw after only four doses of Abraxane and Avastin, stable disease is still a good thing. I will of course learn more after the abdominal CT scheduled for August 29.

Now for a nap!

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't wish a summer cold on anyone. But I am so happy for you that it is a cold and not the other thing or even something else. My mom had a tooth grow through her roof of her mouth a few years back and when they pulled it, it left an opening to her sinus cavity. How weird is that? Anyhow, Thank goodness you have a cold and not something else!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:24 AM

    Good news. All of it. I'm so very happy for your good news. ~ Debby

    ReplyDelete

Contributors