August 13, 2010

Lymphedema


I was so worried that my lymphedema would flare up with the hand-foot syndrome and thankfully that has not been the case. I have been continuing to wear nothing during the day and to bandage at night.

A few weeks ago I ordered (through a medical garment provider) a Caresia bandage liner to wear at night instead of wrapping. It's a big blue padded garment, very soft, with foam and stitched channels like quilting that break up edema. Unfortunately, when it arrived it was too big in the upper arm and perhaps a tad too tight in the hand. So the provider, Donna Martin of Martin Medical, will return the Caresia liner and recommended I get a similar but custom made-to-measure garment from another manufacturer.

It's too bad. I was sleeping really well with the Caresia garment, and it was very easy to put on and take off. But because it provided no compression above the elbow, it's not a good choice for me. I hope Donna will be able to return the unusable garment, negotiate successfully with the insurance company to pay for the custom garment, and get a new one to me quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors