January 17, 2010

Yes, a hysterectomy is in my future

The good Dr G communicated with my new GYN, Eleanor Friele, and they agree I ought to have a hysterectomy. Dr. F's office told me their surgical coordinator will contact me, hopefully by the end of the coming week. I did ask that if possible we try to schedule the procedure so that I can be mostly recovered before Rik leaves to escort that student trip to northern Ireland in February. "We'll see what we can do."

The plan is for me to have the hysterectomy, recover, and then Dr G will decide on a treatment plan: Continue with the Fareston (toremifene)? Explore estradiol? Look into another chemo? The possibilities loom large.

1 comment:

  1. check www.hystersisters.org for lots of good support and info on hysterectomies. I found it a great source of information when I had a hyst.