August 27, 2008

Scan results

The results from yesterday's repeat CT scan are good. The lung lesion is stable at 5 mm (same as in July's PET/CT scan; 1 mm larger than the May CT scan). Dr. G is going to keep me on tamoxifen for the time being and re-scan again in November.

We discussed some alternatives, including Herceptin (trastuzumab). Since my cancer tested HER-2/neu negative, Herceptin has not been an option before. However, he found a recent article in The Oncologist about a study which looked at trastuzumab in "patients with conventionally HER-2 negative disease but with expression of HER-2 ECD [extra cellular domain] above the normal limit." So when I get my zometa next month, I'll be tested for HER-2 ECD to see if Herceptin presents a possibility.

Whew, that was a mouthful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors