October 24, 2012

No chemo again

I went for chemo today as planned. My friend T joined me for a visit and we talked about our mutual but differing chemo experiences. I think T found it very interesting to be in another facility.

I reported to nurse Sam that for a few days I'd had pain in my flank (the area between your shoulder blades and waist, where the kidneys are located). So I peed in a cup and the sample showed that I have a urinary tract infection. Since I started on diuretics a week or so ago, I have not experienced any of the symptoms usually seen in a UTI: pain when urinating, urge to go but no urine, etc.

Dr G came in and within five minutes he'd written a scrip for an antibiotic to treat the UTI (no chemo until that's been taken care of!), said that he would consider reducing the dose on the eribulin, and agreed to write a note approving my request for a cosmetic eyebrow tattoo. (Mor eon that later.) I am to go back next week so we can try chemo again.

My counts have rebounded and I am no longer restricted from being in crowds. So after touring T's office, I took myself out to lunch and for a shopping spree at Nordstrom Rack. I found Rik the perfect blue cords he's wanted, a new jacket for me (which I need to cold weather test tonight), and tried on a fabulous pair of boots. I couldn't bring myself to buy it all, so I am still thinking about the boots. I have to act fast -- things don't stay around long at the Rack!

On the way home I stopped at the grocery store, the drug store, and then crashed for a short nap. I couldn't sleep, but putting my feet up and snuggling with Bob the dog was restorative.

Now it's off to rehearsal. If I don't have chemo, I want to keep up with my commitments.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I haven't seen your blog for a long time, life with me has been up and down. I had a 2nd BC in Jan and treatment for that, I had an elective oophorectomy the other day to reduce my risks further.

    Glad you are so positive about things and if I were you I would go and get those boots!!!!!!


    www.sarasfightback.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I have a quick question about your blog. Could you email me when you get a chance?

    Cameron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cameron, if you want to be in touch with me, you need to leave me some contact information.

      Jill

      Delete
  3. Shopping is an unsung hero in the complementary therapy world. Nothing like a little browse so feel pleased with life. I hope the infection clears soon. ~Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Contributors