July 14, 2011

Make your voice heard about Avastin


 Today I received an email from FREEDOM OF ACCESS TO MEDICINES, asking me to take action about keeping Avastin available for women with metastatic breast cancer. I did, and so can you.

IMPORTANT: SEND YOUR AVASTIN COMMENTS TO THE FDA'S OFFICIAL DOCKET BY JULY 28, 2011
If you were unable to speak the FDA's hearing (or even if you did speak) but want to register your opinion in the official record, you can do so in two ways, one online, the other through the mail. Comments must be submitted by July 28, 2011.
Electronic comments may be submitted by going here.
If you have any problems with the above link, this is an alternative approach,
You may also submit written comments to the Division of Dockets Management, (HFA-305), Food and Drug Administration, 5630 Fishers Lane, Room. 1061, Rockville, MD 20852. Please remember to make a reference to the Docket No. FDA-2010-N-0621
What you write it up to you. It is extremely important that you use this opportunity to enter your opinion in the official record. If you do not like any aspect of the Avastin decision or process leading up to the decision, this is your chance to make your opinion known. While some may be discouraged at the way the ODAC committee voted, this entire matter is far from complete. So speak now or forever hold your peace.
PLEASE SIGN THE FAMEDS PETITION
If you have not had the opportunity to do so prior to now, please sign the FAMEDS petition.
Thank you for your support – it is vital to the Avastin women that they know that you stand with them in this battle.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:15 PM

    Hi Jill,
    My name is Liz and I have been following your blog for a few months now. I am truly sorry that you have had to face cancer so many times. But I am always amazed and inspired at how down to earth you remain and how dedicated you are to enjoying your life, choir practice, husband and life in every aspect.
    That said, since your blog is a helpful resource for someone going through cancer I wanted to reach out to you to see if you were interested in a new online social support network (that I am the community manager of!) called I Had Cancer. It is a new and free social support network focused on connecting people based on experiences with cancer so that they can easily communicate with one another and share information. I would love to tell you more if you are interested, so please let me know! Because I was so struck by your writing I would love to send you an early-access pass with extra invites for others you may know going through this journey.

    Either way, thank you so much for your writing. Take care and best regards.
    -Liz@ihadcancer.com
    If anyone would like information on I Had Cancer please email me.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors