March 04, 2011

Fever

I've run a low-grade, one degree fever three times this week. This morning I called Dr G's office and spoke to Nurse Jacque, who told me to stop taking Tylenol and keep track of my temperature throughout the day. If my temp goes above 100.5, I am to call Dr G's office, even if over the weekend, because someone will need to see me.

My last Tylenol was at 9:30 this morning, and it's now just after 3 PM. My temp is 99.3 degrees F, and I will continue to monitor it into this evening and throughout the weekend.

I don't feel bad, not even a headache. My nose has been a bit runnier than usual these past few days, which may or may not have anything to do with my slightly elevated temperature. (Of course, I was out in the worst weather yesterday, and not really dressed warmly enough: sleet, rain, heavy winds and cold).

I think Dr G worries that the Gemzar may leave me prone to infection. This  potentially serious side effect is what put me in the hospital two years ago after four doses of 5FU. So I will keep track of things and be sure to call his office if needed.

1 comment:

  1. I hope the fever go down. great blog, keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors