October 08, 2010

Mouth issues

I am supposed to have my teeth cleaned on Monday and they always tell you not to do so while on chemotherapy. So off I went to Dr G to have my blood tested to see if my counts are high enough to permit dental work. After examining me and looking at my lab report, Dr G said yes. Yet one more medical appointment for the week, but hopefully I can have my regular dental appointment next week.

On the other hand, my mouth has been bothering me these past few days. I tried to refill my prescription for the mouth rinse GelClair, but after trying two pharmacies and getting the same response, it seems the manufacturer is  no longer making this product available. Last week I must have got the last box in Seattle. Even the drug rep to Swedish's pharmacy could not get her hands on a full box.

I hope that the anti-viral acyclovir plus the troches and gargling with salt water will be enough to keep my mouth sores from increasing. I will ask at Dr G's office today if there is anything else to recommend, and I will call my dentist too. You never know....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors