December 03, 2008

Overslept again

It is so much harder to wake up at 6 AM in the fall and winter than it was in the summer! This is the second week in a row that I have missed attending morning minyan to say kaddish for my dad.

Last night I reviewed the correct Hebrew spelling of my dad's name with my sister. Last week she and Mom ordered a monument and we will have the unveiling in the spring. Dad's stone will have his Hebrew name (Shimon Shir ben Zalman haKohen) and his English name (Sheldon Charles Cohen).

Because Mom ordered a double headstone (always thinking ahead, my mother), there will be room to add her name, may that day be many years in the future.

And between the names, since my dad was so proud of being a Kohen, there will be an etching of two hands placed as though blessing birkat hakohanim.

Dad would like that. Zichrono l'vracha, Poppy -- may your memory be a blessing. We miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors