December 27, 2012

Tiny change in treatment plan


I saw Dr G today and the good news is that my tumor markers keep dropping, this time by 65 points. But he wants to mix things up in the treatment plan.

Eribulin can be given in three doses (think Papa Bear, Mama Bear, and Baby Bear). Papa  dose wiped me out completely in October. Mama dose came close to wiping me out a few weeks later. Baby dose has been tolerable but as Dr G explained to me today, too small a dose of chemo might mean my cancer has a greater opportunity to get out of control. 

So next week I start at Baby dose on day 1 of the eribulin cycle and then move to Mama dose on day 8 if my numbers look good. I am slightly anemic at this time but not enough to warrant a transfusion.




In other news, we're having a great time with my mom, who skunked both Rik and I at Scrabble last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors