September 21, 2008

International Talk Like A Pirate Day

September 19 was International Talk Like A Pirate Day. I thought of some pirate geography jokes for Rik to tell his students. To get the joke, you have to remember that the pirate's favorite letter of the alphabet is R (pronounced AAARRRR!).

What state was the pirate born in? ARkansas

Where does the pirate like to go when he's in South America? ARgentina

Africa? ZanzibAR

Europe? DenmARk and BulgARia (Thanks to Dina for pointing out that ARmenia is actually in Asia...)

Asia? QatAR

Where does the pirate visit the penguins? AntARctica

Where does the pirate see the polar bears? The ARctic

And this is what Rik sent back to me --
If Pirate + Yiddish = Pirish, then the Jewish pirate says: "Sit shivah me timbers!"

You can find many more of these silly jokes here. Avast ye, mateys!

2 comments:

  1. Fight fight fight!! Cancer is a bitch but I can tell you are a strong woman. Keep up the fight. If you would like to tell your story to my readers I would be honored to have you guest post! www.cancerlost.blogspot.com

    xoxo
    Meaghan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dina, you're so right! I'll have to change the post to DenmARk or maybe BulgARia.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors