December 11, 2007

A little pain

I've awakened several times recently in the middle of the night with pain. Not a lot of pain, but the kind that makes you restless, then wakes you up. It takes me a few moments to figure out why I am awake. Then my brain kicks on and I sit up, grab my handy glass of water, and take some pain meds.

A while ago I got smarter about things like this, and I started taking a glass of water with me when I went to bed. That way I don't have to get up in the cold and dark... unless of course the dog wants to go out, which is what happened at 3:37 this morning. An unusual occurrence, true, but meant that I didn't get a full night's sleep again.

1 comment:

  1. Sleep is so necessary, so essential...but then, so is the dog getting outside to pee!! We learn to adapt -- you bringing the water with you is adapting...and I think we learn so much from one another on this journey.

    May you have a pain free and sleep filled night tonight with lovely dreams.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors