August 31, 2015

Busy busy busy

I haven't blogged in more than a week because life has been so BUSY!

Soon I'll tell all about the photo shoot and short documentary that took over our lives for a couple of days on my 13th metsiversary.

Then I'll brag about my fantastic 13th metsiversary party!

But for now, let's just say that besides the above, I've had the usual round of medical appointments, my week off chemo, a visit from Rik's high school photography teacher and good friend, a November-like storm that took out power in many places, including us. Two nine-hour power outages here with an hour or two in between where we could make reset clocks, etc. Thank goodness we bought a gas range and were able to have a hot dinner, even in the dark!


We played Scrabble by candlelight and didn't realize the power had been on for almost 30 minutes, until Rik let the dogs out and said, "Hey, there's a light on over there!"

Last night we ushered at the 5th Avenue Theatre for a touring performance of Matilda, the London musical based on Roald Dahl's book. I thought it was fabulous, especially the talented, mostly very young cast.

More soon, including a cancer update. Tomorrow I start Taxol with Carboplatin. That's a big combo, but given that I sailed through Adriamycin, I hope to do the same with Carbo. Said with a strong Balkan accent: I am strong like bull!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:01 PM

    I love your blog. I, too, have Stage IV breast cancer. It will be 10 years in October since my Stage IV diagnosis.
    I love "strong like bull" and can hear it said in that exact accent!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Contributors