June 29, 2015

A month since last Abraxane

I had my last dose of Abraxane on June 1 and the pneumonia came on some time after that. Let's say it's been three weeks since I started the antibiotics and while I am no longer sneezing and coughing, I'm still easily fatigued. It's easy to sleep for 18 hours and then take a nap as well.

The only remaining chemo issues relate to my nails. I have begun to lose three fingernails, which is new to me. There are new nails growing under the dying ones, but it's hard not to pick at the top layer although I know I shouldn't.

My former port site is still undergoing wound treatment weekly. They tell me it's no worse than last time, which I take to mean that it's healing very slowly. There may be nerve damage as well, which would explain the zinging pain that hits me out of the blue.

I wish I had more energy to put into the garden, but even pick ing some raspberries and our small crop of cherries was demanding.

I hate to complain, but this has been a very long month and I'm actually looking forward to whatever comes next.

5 comments:

  1. Complain all you want. Cancer is no fun. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:32 AM

    Hi Jill,
    I hope you wil have more energy soon.
    I am 44 years old en living, dancing with meds now for 3,5 years. My disease is stable besides some small lever meds so i will have ytrium embolisation this month. Did you have this too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not had embolisation on my liver mets because of my personal situation. Good luck with everything and all the best, Jill

      Delete
    2. Anonymous2:23 PM

      Thanks. I love your blog, it gives me hope that it's possible to live with the meds. I live in The Netherlands and it is sometimes hard to get the new expensive medicines because it takes time for aproval. Did you do the testing for biomarkers?
      Good luck for you too and your great blog.

      Delete
  3. Hope you start feeling a bit better as soon as possible. Have you talked to your doctors about maybe giving you something to combat the fatigue?

    ReplyDelete

Contributors