November 07, 2013

Haven't blogged in a long time

I am a bad girl. It's just that when I feel well, I don't have so much to say about cancer. It's when I feel bad that I turn to vent on my blog. so it's safe to say I've felt well enough these past two weeks that I stayed away from blogging.

New dog Boychik had to be "vetted" by our vet (this was the day after my last blog post). He was generally healthy, although older than we were told (five instead of three) and had an ear infection, which is so common in cocker spaniels. It's those adorable floppy ears!

The next day was Dunava's concert. It wasn't as well attended as we'd hoped. We want  to raise money to travel to Bulgaria next summer. Most people were already  our followers. Now we have to build an audience that doesn't know us.

I spent the next days recovering from the concert and doing little projects around the house in preparation for the painting of our bedroom. Over the summer Rik noticed water damage over our bed, which we had repaired -- at the price of a new roof! Pete the painter fixed the water damage, cover the entire ceiling with dry wall, and painted our bedroom. The walls are a beautiful teal blue; the ceiling is a lighter shade, and the trim is cream colored. We left the picture rail cream colored as well, so that it would showcase the ceiling color, which extends down to the picture rail. We are very happy with our "aquarium," as Pete calls it.

I saw another ophthalmologist who specializes on cataract surgery. Turns out I developed cataracts from chemotherapy and they have been interfering with my eyesight for several years. My optometrist had told me this story: "When we treat an elderly patient with cataract surgery and s/he dies a few months later, we don't say, oh too bad, he died just after being able to see well. Instead we say, thank goodness his vision was so great during the last few months of his life!" So I will talk with Dr G about cataract surgery next time I see him.

I've started round 11 of Xeloda. More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors