November 23, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving one and all

Rik and I enjoyed a mostly quiet but very sunny and cold Thanksgiving Day. After the traditional watching of the Macy's Parade on TV (I always wanted to be a Rockette), I did a little cooking to bring to our friends G & D. We were at their home from about 3:30 in the afternoon until 9:45 at night. That's got to be a marathon festival meal....

Over dinner G noted that everything we were eating was made by hand from scratch. Now that's something to be thankful for!

(* indicates what I brought or made)

Butternut squash and green apple soup with fried sage garnish
Roast turkey with mushroom bread stuffing and gravy (* I made the gravy from G's scratch stock and turkey pan drippings)
Mashed potatoes
Green bean and mushroom casserole with fried onion topping *
Hazelnut-glazed carrots *
Cranberry chutney * and cranberry relish
Apple pie
Pecan pie
Pumpkin pie
Freshly whipped cream
Chocolate bark with walnuts and raisins *

Hope your Thanksgiving holiday was joyous with the warmth of family, friends, or like us, with friends who are family.

2 comments:

  1. I'm new to your blog and delighted to have found you here.
    Even the title of your space sings to me dancing with Cancer. As so much in life, it is art, it is movement, it is dance. How perfect.
    I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer last year. I appreciate your perspective here. It is so life giving.

    Oh, and I always wanted to be a rockette too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you all the best, Bella. Living with cancer may be the second-hardest thing I've ever done. (The hardest was accepting infertility and our lack of success at completing an adoption even after 5 attempts.)

    Dancingly yours, Jill

    ReplyDelete

Contributors